Community Awareness and Emergency Response (CAER) is a community-based volunteer organization that was established in 1980.
CAER members plan, practice and coordinate activities to enhance safe operating practices that reduce the risk of emergency situations that could threaten the Hamilton community.
CAER members currently work with many local and government committees including:
- Emergency Management Ontario (E.M.O.) - www.emergencymanagementontario.ca
- Ontario Advisory Council for joint Community – Industrial Emergency Preparedness
- Partnerships Towards Safer Communities Initiative
- City of Hamilton Emergency Planning Committee
- Hamilton Fire Department (H.F.D) – www.hamilton.ca/CityDepartments/EmergencyServices/Fire/
- Hamilton Police Service (H.P.S.) - www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca
- Hamilton Industrial Environmental Association (H.I.E.A.) – www.hiea.org
CAER members include:
- Health and Safety Personnel
- Environmental Officers and Consultants
- Emergency Planners and Responders
- Industrial, Operations and Maintenance Personnel
- Response Training Companies
- Response Contractors, etc.
Chair – Michel Gingras, Regional Manager, Canadian Operations, Westway Terminal & Feed Products Canada Inc.
Vice Chair -
Treasurer – Kim Bayliss, Tennier Sanitation
Past Chair – Gord Gilmet, Technical Manager, Ruetgers Canada Inc.
Secretary – Zooey Laberto, Business Development Manager, First Response Environmental Services
Communications Coordinator – Karen Logan
The next Hamilton CAER Group meeting will start at 8:00 a.m. – location is to be determined. Members will be discussing their Hazardous Identification Risk Assessment (HIRA) program and E2 Planning.
Thursday November 13, 2014