About Hamilton CAER
Hamilton Community Awareness and Emergency Response (CAER) is a community-based volunteer organization that was established in 1980.
Hamilton CAER members plan, practice and coordinate activities to enhance safe operating practices that reduce the risk of emergency situations that could threaten the Hamilton community.
CAER members currently work with many local and government committees including:
- Emergency Management Ontario (E.M.O.) – www.emergencymanagementontario.ca
- Ontario Advisory Council for joint Community – Industrial Emergency Preparedness
- Partnerships Towards Safer Communities Initiative
- City of Hamilton Emergency Planning Committee
- Hamilton Fire Department (H.F.D) – www.hamilton.ca/CityDepartments/EmergencyServices/Fire/
- Hamilton Police Service (H.P.S.) – www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca
- Hamilton Industrial Environmental Association (H.I.E.A.) – www.hiea.org
CAER members include:
- Health and Safety Personnel
- Environmental Officers and Consultants
- Emergency Planners and Responders
- Industrial, Operations and Maintenance Personnel
- Response Training Companies
- Response Contractors, etc.
Chair – Suresh Daljeet,
Vice Chair – Vicki Gruber, Hamilton Port Authority
Treasurer – Kim Bayliss, Tennier Sanitation
Past Chair – Gord Gilmet, Technical Manager, Ruetgers Canada Inc.
Communications Coordinator – Karen Logan
The Hamilton CAER group has set its meeting schedule for 2019. Meetings will be held on February 13, April 11, June 13 and November 14 with a joint meeting date to be set for sometime in September. For information about participating and meeting locations please contact us at email@example.com.